Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 24, 2012
EPA awards $17M grant to La. for water systems
Louisiana is receiving a $17 million federal grant for improvements to public drinking water systems.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced the funding Thursday.
The dollars, from the EPA's Drinking Water State Revolving Fund, are going to the state Department of Health and Hospitals for loan assistance for water system infrastructure upgrades and repairs.
The program is designed to promote safe drinking water for communities.
Around the Nation