Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri August 31, 2012
Entergy Ranks Isaac Fourth-Most-Damaging Storm for Outages
It’s Day Four in New Orleans’ Isaac experience, and massive power outages are still hampering the recovery.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu keeps asking for patience. Entergy crews are on the job, and they have plenty to do. A half-million customers throughout Louisiana were in the dark today — nearly 145,000 in Orleans Parish and the about the same in Jefferson Parish.
Cleco customers on the northshore are also having problems. 31,000 St. Tammany Parish customers remain without service.
Entergy says Isaac is now the fourth-ranked storm in terms of outages caused, behind Hurricanes Katrina, Gustav and Rita.