Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed August 29, 2012
Entergy: 450,000 customers without power
Entergy says Hurricane Isaac has knocked out power to more than 450,000 residential and commercial in southeast Louisiana.
The company's website indicates that those included more than 150,000 in New Orleans, about 160,000 in Jefferson Parish, some 15,700 in St. Bernard, about 10,800 in Plaquemines, 27,300 in Lafourche, 16,000 in St. Charles, 16,700 in St. John the Baptist and 17,700 in Terrebonne Parish.
Officials say crews are not able to start repairs until winds drop below 30 or 35 mph, which is likely to be Thursday at the earliest.
Power Outage Map