Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu August 16, 2012
EBay Says Users Will No Longer Be Able To Sell Magic, Potions, Curses
Originally published on Thu August 16, 2012 4:04 pm
It's a tough day for the Harry Potters among us: Ebay said today that beginning in September it will no longer allow the sale of some, um, metaphysical products.
Among them: advice, spells, curses, hexing, conjuring, magic, prayers, blessing services, magic potions and healing sessions.
"EBay said in an email that it regularly reviews categories and updates policies based on customer feedback and was 'discontinuing a small number of categories within the larger Metaphysical subcategory.'
"Spokeswoman Johnna Hoff said that buyers and sellers have complained to EBay that such transactions 'often result in issues that can be difficult to resolve.'
"'It's important to note that items that have a tangible value for the item itself and may also be used in metaphysical rites and practices (ie jewelry, crystals, incense, candles, and books) are allowed in most cases,' Hoff wrote."
Ebay is one of the largest auction sites on the Internet.