Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Fri January 22, 2010
Early voting set for primary
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Early voting for the February sixth primary begins tomorrow and runs through January 30th - except Sunday. It's being pitched at election events to make sure voters aren't distracted by the Super Bowl set for the day after the election. And there are also eight Mardi Gras parades scheduled throughout Election Day.
No special reason is needed to cast an early ballot. Voters must bring identification, such as a driver's license, Louisiana special ID or generally recognized picture ID with name and signature. Voters can cast ballots from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at three locations - City Hall, the Morgan Street branch office of the registrar and the voting machine warehouse at Chef Menteur Highway.
Early voting is also scheduled for February 20th to 27th ahead of the March sixth general election.