Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Fri January 22, 2010
Early voting set for primary
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Early voting for the February sixth primary begins tomorrow and runs through January 30th - except Sunday. It's being pitched at election events to make sure voters aren't distracted by the Super Bowl set for the day after the election. And there are also eight Mardi Gras parades scheduled throughout Election Day.
No special reason is needed to cast an early ballot. Voters must bring identification, such as a driver's license, Louisiana special ID or generally recognized picture ID with name and signature. Voters can cast ballots from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at three locations - City Hall, the Morgan Street branch office of the registrar and the voting machine warehouse at Chef Menteur Highway.
Early voting is also scheduled for February 20th to 27th ahead of the March sixth general election.