Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri November 1, 2013
Early Voting Begins Saturday
Early voting begins Saturday, Nov. 2 for the election to be held on Nov. 16.
There will be elections in 39 parishes, according to the reminder sent out by La. Secretary of State Tom Schedler's office. Early voting will continue through Saturday, Nov. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily (excluding Sunday, Nov. 3).
Citizens who wish to vote early can do so in person at their parish Registrar of Voter's Office. Other early voting locations (such as the State Archives in Baton Rouge) are also available: a complete list can be found on the Secretary of State's website.
Polling places, districts and sample ballots can be found on the Secretary of State's smartphone app, or at GeauxVote.com.
Metro area parishes with elections include: Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Terrebonne.