Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu February 17, 2011
Early Childhood Education in New Orleans
By Angela Taylor
New Orleans, LA – Local early childhood education advocates are closely monitoring the budget battle shaping up between the Obama Administration and House Republicans' vastly different funding philosophies for the nation's Head Start program. At the same time, Louisiana's highly praised L-A-4 pre-k program lingers in limbo, under-funded and, therefore, under-utilized. Angela Taylor takes a closer look at what this means for New Orleans.
We invite your comments or ideas for future reports: email@example.com