Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Mon September 14, 2009
Ducks Spark Controversy in Bayou St. John
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans is famous for welcoming newcomers, but in parts of Mid-City, there's a disagreement about Bayou St. John's newest additions. Eve Abrams has the story.
If you're recently visited Bayou St. John, you may have noticed a group of new inhabitants swimming along the water's edge not far from the Harding Bridge. A dozen plus white Pekin ducks now make the bayou their home. And while most neighbors find them an absolute delight, there are others who wonder if the ducks would be better off quacking elsewhere.