Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Mon September 14, 2009
Ducks Spark Controversy in Bayou St. John
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans is famous for welcoming newcomers, but in parts of Mid-City, there's a disagreement about Bayou St. John's newest additions. Eve Abrams has the story.
If you're recently visited Bayou St. John, you may have noticed a group of new inhabitants swimming along the water's edge not far from the Harding Bridge. A dozen plus white Pekin ducks now make the bayou their home. And while most neighbors find them an absolute delight, there are others who wonder if the ducks would be better off quacking elsewhere.