Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Mon September 14, 2009
Ducks Spark Controversy in Bayou St. John
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans is famous for welcoming newcomers, but in parts of Mid-City, there's a disagreement about Bayou St. John's newest additions. Eve Abrams has the story.
If you're recently visited Bayou St. John, you may have noticed a group of new inhabitants swimming along the water's edge not far from the Harding Bridge. A dozen plus white Pekin ducks now make the bayou their home. And while most neighbors find them an absolute delight, there are others who wonder if the ducks would be better off quacking elsewhere.