Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 31, 2012
Driver, 75, apparently drowns in floodwater
Louisiana State Police say a 75-year-old Slidell man drowned when his SUV ran off a flooded interstate on-ramp and plunged into a ditch where the water was about 9 feet deep.
Trooper Nick Manale says a driver who was behind Nicholas Wojcik Thursday evening helped pull his body out of the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche.
He says subdivisions in that area are surrounded by water, and the flood was at least 4 feet deep for an extensive area before the on-ramp from Oak Harbor Blvd. to eastbound Interstate 10.
Manale says Wojcik was in the water for several minutes. The coroner's office says the autopsy confirms that Wojcik drowned.