Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri August 31, 2012
Driver, 75, apparently drowns in floodwater
Louisiana State Police say a 75-year-old Slidell man drowned when his SUV ran off a flooded interstate on-ramp and plunged into a ditch where the water was about 9 feet deep.
Trooper Nick Manale says a driver who was behind Nicholas Wojcik Thursday evening helped pull his body out of the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche.
He says subdivisions in that area are surrounded by water, and the flood was at least 4 feet deep for an extensive area before the on-ramp from Oak Harbor Blvd. to eastbound Interstate 10.
Manale says Wojcik was in the water for several minutes. The coroner's office says the autopsy confirms that Wojcik drowned.