Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Around the Nation
Wed September 5, 2012
Doolittle Doesn't Want To Talk To Stuck Alligator
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with a tale of mistaken identity. A Michigan man was mowing his lawn when he saw what looked like a tail moving. It belonged to an alligator stuck in the window well of his house. An animal rescue employee finally helped out. But for a while, authorities didn't believe the man's story because of his name - Terry Doolittle. Not unlike Dr. Doolittle, that fictional character who speaks to animals. No relation, but they thought he was just being funny. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.