Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Wed September 5, 2012
Doolittle Doesn't Want To Talk To Stuck Alligator
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with a tale of mistaken identity. A Michigan man was mowing his lawn when he saw what looked like a tail moving. It belonged to an alligator stuck in the window well of his house. An animal rescue employee finally helped out. But for a while, authorities didn't believe the man's story because of his name - Terry Doolittle. Not unlike Dr. Doolittle, that fictional character who speaks to animals. No relation, but they thought he was just being funny. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.