Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed April 20, 2011
Dooky Chase Traditions - Past and Present
Fried Chicken a la Leah Chase
Serves 4 - 6
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
Salt and pepper
Oil for deep frying
Rinse the chicken piece thoroughly and pat dry. Liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in all-purpose flour. Heat the oil to 350 degrees and add the chicken to the hot oil making sure not to crowd the pot with too many pieces at one time. Set a timer for 20 minutes and when the timer rings, remove the chicken from the oil and drain on a rack. Serve immediately.