Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed April 20, 2011
Dooky Chase Traditions - Past and Present
Fried Chicken a la Leah Chase
Serves 4 - 6
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
Salt and pepper
Oil for deep frying
Rinse the chicken piece thoroughly and pat dry. Liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in all-purpose flour. Heat the oil to 350 degrees and add the chicken to the hot oil making sure not to crowd the pot with too many pieces at one time. Set a timer for 20 minutes and when the timer rings, remove the chicken from the oil and drain on a rack. Serve immediately.