Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon December 19, 2011
Don't Panic, It Wasn't Lil' Kim
Originally published on Mon December 19, 2011 1:28 pm
Just the headline of this Buzz Feed post made us laugh.
It's funny either way:
-- If some folks were confused by the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.
-- Or if they were just making mischief.
The latter appears more likely — or at least it's the reason the whole thread got started. According to The Wall Street Journal's Digits blog:
"Shortly after Kim's death, cultural critic N'Gai Croal was one of the first to jump-start the meme, 'RIP, Lil' Kim,' he tweeted. Thousands more followed."
When he did that, N'Gai Croal also linked to a Bloomberg News story about the Korean leader's death.
(H/T to NPR's Stephanie Federico.)