Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon December 19, 2011
Don't Panic, It Wasn't Lil' Kim
Originally published on Mon December 19, 2011 1:28 pm
Just the headline of this Buzz Feed post made us laugh.
It's funny either way:
-- If some folks were confused by the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.
-- Or if they were just making mischief.
The latter appears more likely — or at least it's the reason the whole thread got started. According to The Wall Street Journal's Digits blog:
"Shortly after Kim's death, cultural critic N'Gai Croal was one of the first to jump-start the meme, 'RIP, Lil' Kim,' he tweeted. Thousands more followed."
When he did that, N'Gai Croal also linked to a Bloomberg News story about the Korean leader's death.
(H/T to NPR's Stephanie Federico.)