Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 25, 2013
Don McLean Fined For Speeding; No Chevy (Or Levee) Involved
Singer Don McLean has been fined $400, BDN Maine Midcoast reports, for cruising through a Rockport, Maine, school zone last September at 43 mph when the legal limit was 15 mph.
And if we have to tell you why you should wonder if he was driving a Chevy to the levee, then that must mean you're not "of a certain age." Find your mom or dad's old copy of American Pie and check it out — if there's a turntable around, that is.
He wasn't, by the way, in a Chevy. According to BDN Maine, the car was a Chrysler.
Meanwhile, how many of you can remember all or most of the lyrics? And if we've now stuck that song in your head when you don't want it there, sorry!