Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 25, 2013
Don McLean Fined For Speeding; No Chevy (Or Levee) Involved
Originally published on Fri January 25, 2013 2:22 pm
Singer Don McLean has been fined $400, BDN Maine Midcoast reports, for cruising through a Rockport, Maine, school zone last September at 43 mph when the legal limit was 15 mph.
And if we have to tell you why you should wonder if he was driving a Chevy to the levee, then that must mean you're not "of a certain age." Find your mom or dad's old copy of American Pie and check it out — if there's a turntable around, that is.
He wasn't, by the way, in a Chevy. According to BDN Maine, the car was a Chrysler.
Meanwhile, how many of you can remember all or most of the lyrics? And if we've now stuck that song in your head when you don't want it there, sorry!