Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Fri May 25, 2012
Does Race Affect Your Hospital Stay?
Originally published on Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 am
NPR's "Sick in America" survey found that a lot of Americans are unhappy with the healthcare system. Among those who had a recent serious healthcare experience, nearly half said that a lack of cultural understanding played a big role in the problems with U.S. healthcare quality. Host Michel Martin talks with NPR's Richard Knox and Dr. Kavita Patel of the Brookings Institution.