Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sun December 16, 2012
Divine Fits: One Of The 'Nicest' Songs Of 2012
Originally published on Tue July 8, 2014 8:51 am
When two of my favorite musicians, Britt Daniel of Spoon and Dan Boeckner of Handsome Furs and Wolf Parade, joined forces and, along with powerhouse drummer Sam Brown of New Bomb Turks, created Divine Fits, I thought it was a dream, as if someone had hand-crafted a band just for me! Divine Fits brings the prodigious songwriting and performing talents of Boeckner and Daniel together to create a captivating and energetic collection of songs that will delight fans both new and old. When the band, joined by Alex Fischel on keyboards, performed their energetic and infectious set live on KEXP, I finally knew that I wasn't just dreaming.
Watch the band perform one of public radio's songs of 2012, "Would That Not Be Nice."
- Host: Cheryl Waters
- Engineer: James Nixon
- Cameras: Jim Beckmann, Shelly Corbett & Scott Holpainen
- Editing: Scott Holpainen
- Photo: Dave Lichterman