Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Sun December 16, 2012
Divine Fits: One Of The 'Nicest' Songs Of 2012
Originally published on Tue July 8, 2014 8:51 am
When two of my favorite musicians, Britt Daniel of Spoon and Dan Boeckner of Handsome Furs and Wolf Parade, joined forces and, along with powerhouse drummer Sam Brown of New Bomb Turks, created Divine Fits, I thought it was a dream, as if someone had hand-crafted a band just for me! Divine Fits brings the prodigious songwriting and performing talents of Boeckner and Daniel together to create a captivating and energetic collection of songs that will delight fans both new and old. When the band, joined by Alex Fischel on keyboards, performed their energetic and infectious set live on KEXP, I finally knew that I wasn't just dreaming.
Watch the band perform one of public radio's songs of 2012, "Would That Not Be Nice."
- Host: Cheryl Waters
- Engineer: James Nixon
- Cameras: Jim Beckmann, Shelly Corbett & Scott Holpainen
- Editing: Scott Holpainen
- Photo: Dave Lichterman