Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed January 20, 2010
District Attorney says criminal justice system needs reliable budget
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Cannizzaro told officials gathered for his State of the Criminal Justice System address that his prosecutors are more in synch with police in getting violent offenders behind bars.
But he said that he and his staff have spent too many hours justifying his budget requests.
Cannizzaro said voters should be asked to amend the city charter to give his office a dedicated stream of revenue he can depend on for budgeting his operations.