Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Wed January 20, 2010
District Attorney says criminal justice system needs reliable budget
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Cannizzaro told officials gathered for his State of the Criminal Justice System address that his prosecutors are more in synch with police in getting violent offenders behind bars.
But he said that he and his staff have spent too many hours justifying his budget requests.
Cannizzaro said voters should be asked to amend the city charter to give his office a dedicated stream of revenue he can depend on for budgeting his operations.