Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu September 13, 2012
Disaster food stamp sites open through Saturday
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has agreed to keep disaster food stamp sites in Orleans and Jefferson Parish open until Saturday.
Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services Secretary Suzy Sonnier said that for the extension period, both sites would again utilize the alphabet system.
The schedule for UNO and the Alario Center is:
Friday, A through M
Saturday, N through Z
DCFS had requested on Tuesday that an extension be granted for seven additional days. USDA had previously granted a two-day extension for the two parishes. The extension was needed due to the large populations of the two parishes and the number of residents applying for DSNAP benefits.