Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sun May 27, 2012
Disability Claims Rise Among Veterans
Originally published on Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm
The Associated Press recently reported on the growing numbers of veterans filing new disability claims after returning from war. Close to one out of two veterans who've served in Iraq or Afghanistan have now filed disability claims for service-related injuries — more than double the rate of previous wars. Marilynn Marchione of the AP offers her insight.