Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue September 4, 2012
DHH probes Lafayette Association for Retarded Citizens
State investigators say one client of the Lafayette Association for Retarded Citizens developed a bowel obstruction and another developed an antibiotic-resistant staph infection because association employees did not administer medicine properly.
The Advertiser reports that the association had a Feb. 19 deadline for correcting problems found in December by the health standards section of the Department of Health and Hospitals.
It says neither DHH nor association Director Glenn Weber would comment on whether LARC met that deadline.
Weber says patient confidentiality rules keep him from talking about the report.
DHH spokesman Ken Pastorick says DHH cannot comment because it is investigating LARC again.
West Nile Virus