Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue August 6, 2013
Denver School Gets Blind Students Into Chemistry
Mixing chemicals in a high school lab is challenging enough. Imagine doing it if you were blind.
A group of visually impaired students from all over the country had that chance at Metro State University in Denver recently.
It’s part of an effort to get more blind people interested in science, technology and math — fields in which they are severely underrepresented in the workforce.
From the Here & Now Contributors Network, Jenny Brundin of Colorado Public Radio has more.