Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 13, 2012
Denham Springs approves new obscenity ordinance
The Denham Springs City Council has unanimously approved an obscenity ordinance.
City Attorney Paeton Burkett told the council Wednesday night there are no businesses in the city that would violate the ordinance, but it will prevent such businesses from locating in the city.
Mayor Jimmy Durbin said inquiries about the possible opening of an adult business in the city brought the issue before the council.
Under the new ordinance, The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/RO4Kki) obscene items may include books, films, figures, paintings, drawings, photographs and recordings.
The ordinance defines as obscene things that appeal to prurient interest and depict sexual acts in an offensive way.
Shreveport Dog Park