Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed July 21, 2010
Oysters Rockefeller (Serves 4)
1 lb. thawed, frozen spinach, squeezed dry
1 bunch green onions
1 celery heart
cup flat leaf parsley
2 sticks melted butter
2 tablespoons anchovy paste
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons Lea & Perrin Worcestershire sauce
4 oz. Herbsaint or Pernod
Tabasco to taste
1/2 cup Progresso seasoned breadcrumbs
1 quart shucked or 18 - 24 oysters on the half shell
Cut green onions and celery into inch length. Add to food processor with flat leaf parsley (leaves only) and spinach. Process until finely chopped. Add melted butter, anchovy paste, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and process until smooth.
Add mixture to a 1- quart saucepan with Herbsaint and cup of seasoned breadcrumbs. Simmer over a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until raw green onion flavor is gone. Add Tabasco to taste and adjust seasonings.
Top individual oysters in the half shell or poached oysters in a casserole dish with Rockefeller Sauce. Sprinkle lightly with additional breadcrumbs and bake at 375 degrees until browned and bubbly.