Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed March 12, 2014
Death Row Inmate Released From Angola
A Louisiana man has been released from death row after serving almost 30 years behind bars. New information shows he was not involved in the murder of a Shreveport jeweler in 1983.
Glenn Ford has always said he was innocent. His attorneys have argued for decades that Ford had inexperienced legal counsel at his trial and evidence was illegally withheld.
Prosecutors cited new evidence in their request that Ford be released. No word on what that evidence is, but the victim’s nephew says he hopes it will lead to another arrest.
Ford, outside Angola Prison, where he’s been on death row since his conviction, said that he harbored resentment for his lost years — but he was not bitter.
Cornerstone Bus Project