Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed March 12, 2014
Death Row Inmate Released From Angola
A Louisiana man has been released from death row after serving almost 30 years behind bars. New information shows he was not involved in the murder of a Shreveport jeweler in 1983.
Glenn Ford has always said he was innocent. His attorneys have argued for decades that Ford had inexperienced legal counsel at his trial and evidence was illegally withheld.
Prosecutors cited new evidence in their request that Ford be released. No word on what that evidence is, but the victim’s nephew says he hopes it will lead to another arrest.
Ford, outside Angola Prison, where he’s been on death row since his conviction, said that he harbored resentment for his lost years — but he was not bitter.
Cornerstone Bus Project