Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Fri June 24, 2011
"Dead Zone" Expected to be Largest Ever
New Orleans, LA – Each summer an area of low oxygen develops in the Gulf of Mexico near the mouth of the Mississippi river. The area is commonly refered to as "the dead zone" because marine life cannot live there. This year's "dead zone" is expected to be bigger than ever. Zoe Sullivan has the story.