Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue January 8, 2013
Dead Horse Found Near Baton Rouge Airport
East Baton Rouge Parish animal control officials are investigating the discovery of a dead, malnourished horse on Metro Airport property.
Animal Control Director Hilton Cole tells The Advocate the 700-pound or so black horse appeared severely malnourished, to the point of emaciation.
He said the horse, a gelding, looked 300 pounds or so underweight.
Cole said he thinks the horse was already dead when it was dropped off on the property.
He said the horse had a micro-chip placed inside that has connected the horse to a previous owner in the Tangipahoa Parish area.
Cole says an investigation into what happened to the horse and how it got there is under way.
Baton Rouge Airport