Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue January 8, 2013
Dead Horse Found Near Baton Rouge Airport
East Baton Rouge Parish animal control officials are investigating the discovery of a dead, malnourished horse on Metro Airport property.
Animal Control Director Hilton Cole tells The Advocate the 700-pound or so black horse appeared severely malnourished, to the point of emaciation.
He said the horse, a gelding, looked 300 pounds or so underweight.
Cole said he thinks the horse was already dead when it was dropped off on the property.
He said the horse had a micro-chip placed inside that has connected the horse to a previous owner in the Tangipahoa Parish area.
Cole says an investigation into what happened to the horse and how it got there is under way.
Baton Rouge Airport