Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed September 28, 2011
Danziger Sentencing Appeal Hearing Set for Next Week
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Former officer Michael Hunter drove the rental truck carrying officers responding to a call of police in danger at the Danziger Bridge. Two men were killed and four others wounded when police opened fire on unarmed civilians. Hunter pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a civil rights case that resulted last month in five convictions for his former colleagues. The Justice Department is recommending his eight-year sentence be cut to five.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.