Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Reports
Fri July 15, 2011
Danziger Bridge Prosecution Winding Down
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – A noted Texas pathologist testified that a teenager killed on the bridge was shot at least six times with three different weapons. Dr. Vincent Di Maio testified 17-year-old James Brissette was shot three times while face down, after he'd been shot in the head. Di Maio testified that a second person killed, mentally disabled Ronald Madison, was shot in the back while running away. Four other civilians were shot and wounded. Five current or former New Orleans police officers are accused in the shooting and alleged elaborate cover-up. Testimony will resume Monday. The defense is expected to begin sometime next week.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming