Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon August 20, 2012
Dames Gone Wild In Burlington, Vt.
As Dames Gone Wild, we are traveling the U.S. doing volunteer work after leaving jobs that no longer fulfilled us. In our 50s and 60s, we had the courage to leave our home, St. Petersburg, Fla., in June and we are on our fifteenth stop — Burlington, Vt. — of 33 cities during our Summer Service Adventure.
We've helped homeless people, senior citizens, adults with serious brain injuries, Habitat for Humanity, quilters for chemo patients, a holistic Hispanic center, the Heidelberg Project, Puppets in Education and more.
The response we've received has been overwhelming and our lives will never be the same.