Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
This Is NPR
Thu June 7, 2012
The Curious Listener: Wait Wait... Pick Me!
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 12:34 pm
If you've ever wondered how to be a contestant on Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! you should definitely read this installment of "The Curious Listener" from NPR Listener Services.
Many have tried and many have failed the challenge: answering three questions about the week's news in order to win the coveted prize of having Carl Kasell record the outgoing message on their voice mail or answering machine.
But, hey, at least they got to try, right. Well, turns out that getting your chance to be on the show isn't that complicated — and a little personality can add to the fun as you can see in today's example letter.
P.S. Julia must have taken the response to heart, because a few weeks later we were listening to Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! and recognized the name of the audience contestant in the 'Who's Carl This Time?' game.