Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon December 24, 2012
Crescent City Connection Police Transfer to LSP
The Crescent City Connection Police Department has been transferred to Louisiana State Police as part of a restructuring of the bridge police division.
The state Department of Transportation and Development says the police department's administrative transfer to the Department of Public Safety was effective Monday.
Officials say the New Orleans-based bridge police officers will continue wearing their current uniforms and using their current marked vehicles until midnight Dec. 31. At that time, the officers will get new DPS uniforms and vehicles.
Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says the move is another step in the transition process that began months ago.
The Crescent City Connection Bridge is the fifth busiest bridge in the nation. More than 33 million vehicles traverse the structure annually.