Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Crescent River Port Pilots' Association
Mon September 24, 2012
Cramond picked to lead river pilots
Capt. James "Jimmy" Cramond has been elected president of the Crescent River Port Pilots' Association.
Cramond is Coast Guard-licensed as a master of steam or motor vessels for inland waters. He replaces Capt. Allen J. Gibbs, who served as president for the past 11 years.
Named to the board of directors were Capt. E. Michael Bopp, vice president; Capt. Eric Short, secretary; Capt. Craig Clasen, director; and Capt. Richard Ducros II, director.
The 105-member association is made up of pilots who navigate ocean-going vessels in the Mississippi River between Pilottown and New Orleans.