Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Business & Technology
Mon July 9, 2012
Covington-based Smoothie King chain sold
Covington-based Smoothie King Franchises Inc. is being sold to a South Korean company.
Smoothie King currently has more than 600 units operating in 32 states, the Caymans and the Republic of Korea.
The purchase price was not disclosed in a news release on Monday.
Buyer SK USA Inc. is headed by Chief Executive Officer Wan Kim, a Boston University graduate who opened his first Smoothie King in 2003. Since then Wan's Smoothies Korea has opened more than 100 locations.
Wan said SK USA plans to open more than 1,000 new locations in the United States and worldwide by the end of 2017.