Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue July 17, 2012
Couple accused in St. John boy's death
A St. John the Baptist Parish couple found hiding in Georgia after they failed to show up for a trial in the death of the woman's 8-year-old son are back in Louisiana.
The Times-Picayune reports (http://bit.ly/SEHmcg) that 46-year-old Errol Victor and 38-year-old Tonya Victor had a court hearing Monday in LaPlace.
The couple disappeared on the eve of their second-degree murder trial last August and was arrested in Tifton, Ga., on April 14, after being featured on an episode of "America's Most Wanted."
They are accused in the death of Tonya Victor's son, M.L. Lloyd III, in 2008. Authorities say he had been severely whipped and beaten before being pronounced dead at a hospital.
The Victors maintained that the boy died as the result of an asthma attack.