Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed February 13, 2013
Could Obama's Gas Policies Bring Jobs to La.?
President Barack Obama touched on the oil and gas industry in his State of the Union. Some of these initiatives may benefit Louisiana’s economy.
Don Briggs, who leads Louisiana Oil and Gas Association, lauded this decision. “Time is money to the industry. Waiting months and months and taking a year and half to two years to get a permit, it doesn’t work,” Briggs said. “The federal government needs to shorten that permit time, hire more people, make it more efficient.”With a shorter permit time, Briggs says, more rigs would come – more rigs means more jobs for locals.