Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Thu March 10, 2011
Costuming the New Orleans Way
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – For many New Orleanians, Mardi Gras season is the time to take down the boxes stuffed with glittery fabric and feathers, hit the thrift stores, and start stirring the paper mache. What does costuming mean? A time to escape, a time to play, a time to hide and be seen all at once. And sometimes, your costume becomes something else: it tells you a story about your own life. Eve Abrams brings us this documentary about New Orleans' Mardi Gras costuming.