Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
The Reading Life
Wed February 22, 2012
Cornell Landry, Michael Patrick Welch, and the Mid-City Library
Happy Mardi Gras from The Reading Life as we hear from Cornell Landry, author of "Happy Mardi Gras! And "One Dat, Two Dat, Are You a Who Dat?," whose many children's books are perfect for our festive season. Writer/musician/teacher Michael Patrick Welch discusses "New Orleans: The Underground Guide," and his novels "The Donkey Show" and "Y'all's Problem." Michael will be appearing at Ogden After Hours, Thursday, February 23. We'll also celebrate the first birthday of the Mid-City branch library in the American Can Company with librarian Jessica Styons and Mid-City author Barb Johnson, author of "More of This World, Or Maybe Another." You can join that celebration Saturday, February 25 at 1 p.m.; Barb appears with WWNO's own Ian McNulty and memoirist Constance Adler to talk about their Mid-City neighborhood.