Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed September 26, 2012
Contractor dies cleaning Plaquemines debris
A 50-year-old contractor from Mississippi died in Plaquemines Parish after the bulldozer he was working in slipped into a debris covered pond.
Parish officials say the man from Wiggins was pronounced dead at a local hospital Tuesday. WWL-TV reports the accident happened just off La. Highway 23 near Point Celeste.
The victim's name has not been released.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
WWNO News Reports