Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu January 17, 2013
ConAgra Names New Lamb Weston President
Lamb Weston, the ConAgra-owned company that operates a sweet potato processing plant near Delhi, will have a new boss in February.
ConAgra Foods has announced Greg Schlafer will join the company on Feb. 25 as president of its Lamb Weston frozen potato business.
Schlafer will have specific responsibility for running Lamb Weston's global business, which ConAgra said serves more than 2,500 restaurant, food service and retail customers in 120 countries.
The News-Star reports Lamb Weston employs 275 workers at its $156 million Delhi sweet potato plant.
In December, ConAgra committed to a $55 million capital expansion of its existing plant that's expected to create 225 additional jobs by the end of 2015.