Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 27, 2012
Complexities Of Helping Others End Their Lives
Terminal illness patients sometimes feel that their pain outweighs the benefits of life. Dr. Larry Egbert, co-founder and former medical director of the Final Exit Network, says he helped several patients find ways to end their suffering and lives. He was recently profiled in The Washington Post Magazine. He speaks with host Michel Martin.