Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon April 11, 2011
Commerce Department Offering Help For Gulf Coast Business
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Secretary Locke says the program called Commerce Connect is expanding to help businesses getting started or looking to grow. He says it's one way to help small companies that are still struggling to recover from the BP oil spill last April.
We really felt that we needed to help those small-business owners who are so, you know, preoccupied with just trying to keep the doors open and lining up business."
The Commerce Department is also working to connect American companies with overseas customers. The Obama administration is aiming to double exports by 2015.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.