Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue August 28, 2012
Coast Guard suspends search for missing Fla. man
The Coast Guard temporarily suspended the search for a missing water scooter rider near the Alabama-Florida state line when rain and wind from Hurricane Isaac reduced visibility to almost zero.
Lt. j.g. Timothy Williams said three aircraft had been looking for the 47-year-old Air Force retiree from Pensacola, Fla., but the last aircraft landed about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when the conditions became too bad. He said they had covered an area stretching from Fort Pickens on Pensacola Beach toward Mobile Bay.
The search began after the man's wife called the Coast Guard about 8:45 p.m. Monday to report that her husband had not returned from a water scooter ride as Isaac approached the Gulf coast.
Power Outage Map