Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 11, 2013
Clinton Mayor Picks New Chief of Police
Newly elected Clinton Mayor Lori Ann Bell has appointed Fred G. Dunn as the town's police chief replacing Police Chief Eddie Stewart.
The Advocate reports Stewart, who had served three years as police chief during the administration of defeated Mayor Don Reason, left Wednesday's meeting without comment after the Board of Aldermen concurred with Bell's appointment.
Stewart also served as chief for 12 years until he was forced out by then-Mayor Donald Jefferson in 2005.
Dunn, who has worked for the East Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office for the past six months, also served 11 years as a Clinton police officer and left as a lieutenant in charge of the uniform patrol division.