Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Sun October 11, 2009
City Vows to Defend VA-LSU Hospital Plan
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – An attorney representing residents opposed to the proposed hospital complex says Mayor Ray Nagin violated the City Charter in a deal that hands over 34 acres to the VA. Thomas Milliner told residents that he's confident his argument that Nagin circumvented required public hearings will prevail.
City Attorney Penya Moses-Fields said in a prepared statement that there has been extensive public participation. She added that the plaintiffs are seeking only a delay in what the city considers its most important public health initiative since Hurricane Katrina. The case will be heard October 23rd in Civil District Court.