Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri September 7, 2012
City of New Orleans train returning to New Orleans Monday
Amtrak says the City of New Orleans passenger train will pull into its namesake city on Monday — the first time since Aug. 27, when service was suspended because of Hurricane Isaac.
It says daily service from Chicago will start and end in Memphis through Sunday. trains will start and end in New Orleans on Monday, when service on the route in Mississippi also will resume.
Passengers who already had bought tickets for the suspended trains can get a refund or a voucher for future travel.
Amtrak's other routes to and from New Orleans are back in service. Those are the Sunset Limited, between New Orleans and Los Angeles, and the Crescent, between New Orleans and New York.
New Orleans Museum of Art