Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri September 7, 2012
City of New Orleans train returning to New Orleans Monday
Amtrak says the City of New Orleans passenger train will pull into its namesake city on Monday — the first time since Aug. 27, when service was suspended because of Hurricane Isaac.
It says daily service from Chicago will start and end in Memphis through Sunday. trains will start and end in New Orleans on Monday, when service on the route in Mississippi also will resume.
Passengers who already had bought tickets for the suspended trains can get a refund or a voucher for future travel.
Amtrak's other routes to and from New Orleans are back in service. Those are the Sunset Limited, between New Orleans and Los Angeles, and the Crescent, between New Orleans and New York.
New Orleans Museum of Art