Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Mon March 1, 2010
Circle Food Store Asking for Help to Reopen
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Dwayne Boudreaux is once again asking city officials for help in reopening the store he said was vital in the community.
Malcolm Suber of the American Friends Service Committee of New Orleans says reopening the Circle Food Store would be a powerful sign of recovery.
He said there will be a farmers market at the store April 3rd, and once a month during the summer.
Boudreaux said he needs help finding tax credits, economic development grants and low-interest loans to reopen and improve the store. A rally was held outside the shuttered building on St. Bernard Avenue last summer, with officials pledging help, he said, but nothing has happened. He said he's optimistic that the City Council will follow through on renewed promises to help ensure his project succeeds.