Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Business & Technology
Tue August 14, 2012
Chevron completes storage facility in Terrebonne
Chevron has completed construction on a 150,000-square-foot storage facility in Terrebonne Parish to support its operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
The facility, located on Louisiana Highway 24 in Gray, will employ 25 people and serve as the storage hub for materials essential to Chevron's oil and gas exploration activity in the Gulf.
New Orleans CityBusiness reported Monday that the company purchased the 30-acre site in late 2010 and began construction in mid-2011. The company says the site is close to shore bases that deploy supplies and equipment to Chevron facilities offshore.
Chevron is one of the largest oil and gas producers on the Gulf of Mexico shelf and a top leaseholder in the deepwater Gulf. Federal regulators have approved 15 new deepwater permits for Chevron this year alone.