Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed November 2, 2011
A Chef Who Nose
Salade de Xuxu
2 raw merlitons (choyotes)
1 bunch of green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh coriander, parsley or mint, finely chopped
Peel and seed the merlitons. Rub the merlitons under cold running water to eliminate their natural stickiness. Shred the merliton with a grater. Peel the oranges and cut them into supremes, removing the membrane of each section, and reserving any juice which results from this process.
Make a dressing by combining the olive oil, lime juice, reserved orange juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the orange sections, the shredded merliton and the green onions. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Toss the salad once again before serving. Serve sprinkled with fresh herbs.
We'd love to hear from you! Write us or enter our Culinary Quiz!