Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed June 27, 2012
Chasing After the Louisiana Blue Crab
On this week's Louisiana Eats! we investigate why the Marine Stewardship Council's certifiable Louisiana Blue Crab is not being supplied to restaurateurs around the country. Plus we'll speak with Jeannie Fonseca, a local crabber.
1 lb. lump crabmeat
6 oz. capers, chopped
3 T chopped parsley
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup oil
Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
1 head iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
Combine lemon juice and egg in food processor. With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil to make a mayonnaise. Mix together crab, mayonnaise, capers, parsley and green onions. Chill thoroughly and serve on a bed of lettuce.
And don't forget to enter our weekly culinary contest!