Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Wed June 27, 2012
Chasing After the Louisiana Blue Crab
On this week's Louisiana Eats! we investigate why the Marine Stewardship Council's certifiable Louisiana Blue Crab is not being supplied to restaurateurs around the country. Plus we'll speak with Jeannie Fonseca, a local crabber.
1 lb. lump crabmeat
6 oz. capers, chopped
3 T chopped parsley
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup oil
Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
1 head iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
Combine lemon juice and egg in food processor. With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil to make a mayonnaise. Mix together crab, mayonnaise, capers, parsley and green onions. Chill thoroughly and serve on a bed of lettuce.
And don't forget to enter our weekly culinary contest!