Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Arts & Culture
Fri March 5, 2010
Charles Moore, Brother of Deacon John Performs Classical Music
By Diane Mack
New Orleans, La. – Charles Moore is best known as the bassist playing jump blues with Deacon John and The Ivories. In a career spanning more than 40-years, Moore has played Jazz, Funk, Rock'n'Roll and R&B, backing a who's who list of acclaimed New Orleans musicians. Today, he's called, the Segovia of New Orleans, by his peers as he follows his passion playing classical music. His recent CD is Classical Guitar, Volume 1. More info at cdsmoore.com