Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon January 7, 2013
Chalmette Man Found Stabbed to Death
St. Bernard Parish deputies say a 68-year-old Chalmette man was found stabbed to death in his apartment after a co-worker hadn't heard from him for two days.
The Times-Picayune reports authorities arrested two people in the case, including a woman who was a friend of the victim.
Deputies say Joseph Spurlock was found in his apartment Sunday with multiple stab wounds to his upper body.
Spurlock was employed by Bayou State Security in New Orleans. A co-worker went looking for him Sunday because he hadn't come to work since he finished a shift early Friday.
Investigators believe Spurlock was killed sometime Friday morning.
Deputies say 43-year-old Shari Head and 39-year-old Chris Geeting were booked Sunday with first-degree murder.
It was unclear whether the suspects have attorneys.